Sunday, October 19, 2008

Spreading the wealth

So on my recent trip I spent a few hours (like 9) trapped in Chicago's O'Hare airport. And at one point received a phone call from a good friend of mine who I had tapped to tend bar in my absence at Steak and Whiskey night last night. The woman next to me at the bar had a son who was a bartender and was interested when I started talking about a drink recipe.

At Steak & Whiskey 2 we created a drink which was tremendously popular called "Stand back! I'm about to try science!". Science was created through use of the scientific method.
Hypothesis: Irish Cream and Amaretto curdle.
Evidence: several shots with these 2 ingredients were curdling in the glasses.
Experiment: Mix the 2 ingredients in equal portions.
Conclusion: Not only do they not curdle, they are delicious together.

It occurred to me that by telling her the story so that she could tell her son, this drink could suddenly start being made in a remote corner of the country - Far from Rochester.

Why not the world?
Now I call on the power of the internet to spread the good word of this drink.

Go forth and get blasted!

No comments: