Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Horror Pre-Season: The Octoberfest 2014 Plan.

Late again as usual, but the publishing date will show I was right on time, because I am a technologist...I reject your reality and substitute my own.

October Horror Season is once again upon us.  So here's the plan.

The week themes are: Werewolves, Home Invasions, Really Really Bad Movies, and Sequels.

For movies we have:

Werewolves week:
Dog Soldiers - Neil Marshall's feature debut! I'm excited!
Red Riding Hood (2011) - Ok, I'm not a tween girl, but we'll see.
Ginger Snaps - Cult classic.  And periods.  Let's do this.
Skinwalkers - I love Psych, and Jason X is hilarious.  So we've got a werewolf movie co-written by Shawn Spencer and directed by the director of Jason X.  Let's do this.  Too.  Again.
Werewolf Hunter: The Legend of Romasanta - No idea here.
Transylvania 6-5000 - Classic genre cheese with Jeff Goldblum.  I'm told it has werewolves.  We'll see.
Silver Bullet - WARNING: STEPHEN KING.

Home Invasions week:
Funny Games
Silent House
When a Stranger Calls
The Strangers
Dream Home
The Collector Torment

Really really bad movies:
Gingerdead Man
Sleepaway Camp
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Troll 2
Halloween: Ressurection
Trick or Treat (1986) - Trick 'r Treat is actually a really good movie.
Leprechaun

Sequels:
House of the Dead 2
Phantasm 2
Silence of the Lambs
The Devil's Rejects
Wolf Creek 2
Cube 2: Hypercube
The Collection

And that's the month.  Let's see how it shakes out.  Sporadic updates will follow.

No comments: